Our Commitment to Health & Safety
As always, our practice takes every precaution to keep patients and staff safe and healthy. While we have always adhered to and exceeded the standards for decontamination set by OSHA, we are going one step further and incorporating the latest CDC guidelines.
The Measures We Are Taking To Protect Our Patients
We ask you to keep the following in mind prior to and during your appointment:
- We will be asking each patient to sign a supplemental health questionnaire upon arrival with the questions about symptoms or possible exposure to COVID-19.
- We will take the temperature of anybody entering our building.
- Only one guardian with each patient will be allowed into the building.
- We ask that you wait in your car for your appointment. You will receive a text from our practice the evening before your appointment. When you arrive at our parking lot, please respond to the text stating the patient's name and that you have arrived. We will text you when the assistant is ready to take you back to be seated.
- Please brush your teeth before arriving to your appointment, as our brushing station is temporarily closed.
- We also ask that each person entering our building to please wear a mask over their nose and mouth, as well as sanitize hands upon entering the building. If the patient doesn’t have a mask when entering, they will be provided with one and will be asked to wear it unless treatment is actively being performed on them.
- We have removed magazines and iPads from our waiting area.
- After each patient is done with treatment, the treatment area will be sanitized and cleaned per normal procedure.
How We Are Protecting the Safety of Our Staff & Doctors
We are taking additional steps toward ensuring the safety of our staff.
- All of our staff will receive a temperature check and answer a brief questionnaire about symptoms or possible exposure to COVID-19.
- Our staff meetings require each person to sit 6 feet apart. Employees will remain 6 feet apart as often as possible.
- Each staff member will work in their own area, using their own computer and phone. When trading this area with another employee, all touchable areas must be sanitized first.
- Assistants will wear N95 masks, face shields, goggles/eye protection, gloves, scrubs, and scrub jackets. All items will be removed before leaving for the night so they can be washed. Front office staff will wear level 1 masks or cloth masks at all times, scrub jackets that will be washed nightly, and will wash hands immediately after touching anything a patient hands to them (credit card, forms, etc.). It is suggested that assistants' shoes be left at the office each night and that they shower immediately upon returning home.
- All high touch areas will be sanitized every hour. Door knobs/handles will be wiped down after each patient using Lysol® wipes.
- Only essential people are permitted in the bay. Extra assistants or other employees are to stay up front or elsewhere in the building. It is preferred that parents/guardians stay up front or outside, but if needed, one person may accompany their patient to the bay.
- Lunch breaks will be staggered or employees will spread out for lunch. We ask our employees to eat in their cars or outside on the lawn.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO PATIENTS: If you or someone in your household have a fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms, please stay at home and don’t come to the practice. Your doctor may request an online video consultation if you are displaying symptoms.
At Warren Orthodontics we appreciate the ongoing support from our patients, referring providers, families, and friends. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while these measures are put into effect.
For questions or clarification about these measures, please contact us at (801) 489-7878.